Tuesday, January 23, 2007

tired

Today was a tiring day. Tuesday's will be the tiring day for the rest of this quarter. Only six more to go! I start the day at 8am and the day ends at 9:20pm. The day is filled mostly with classes with a little work inbetween. I am catching up on some TiVo right now in an effort to wind down. I am about ready to call it a night!

The thing that brought me up today was James. We had played phone tag all day both having busy schedules but we finally talked after work. It wasn't long but just in the few minutes that we debriefed our day I felt my spirit lift. I love that just talking to him makes me feel better. I had a moment of insight and reflection in the middle of our conversation and just was thankful for him in my life. I didn't expect him to make my feel better and I didn't even ask him to cheer me up but it just happened and I caught it in a moment of self-awareness. There was even a moment in my day that I thought what would James say to me in this situation and I had a little talk with myself and felt better. His perspective on my life helps me keep me from going to places in my emotional life that are unhelpful. Anyway, I am extremely thankful for him and looking forward to all that is to come in our future!

Tomorrow is a bit of a lighter day. I have Clinical Foundations Lab in the morning and the rest of the day I am at work. I've got a 3 page paper to write and gotta memorize the chapter in the DSM on Delirium, Dementia, and Amnestic and Other Cognitive Disorders. Woo hoo!

James and I are visiting a reception site on Thursday evening. We are pretty excited about that. We gotta nail down a church and I need to make some follow-up and initial phone calls about that. I can't wait to get those details finished. We really look forward to being married. Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment