Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deflated with a dose of the defeated

My goal tonight was a blog entry. Obviously, I met this goal by this entry but it came in the way of kicking and screaming. Ok, there was no kicking and screaming. It was more of an internal kicking and screaming. Nonetheless, here I am. Tonight started off good. I was productive and feeling glad to be home. I haven't been too motivated at work but was able to get past that after venting a bit about possible roots to my feelings. I moved right along until I checked the mail. The IRS discovered that a chunk of unemployment money from James was never filed. This was 2007. We were married only 16 days. Basically, our tax person made a mistake in not including it and we never double checked the return before signing off. Our bad. The cynical part of me screams, "Sorry, we were busy helping my MIL through a catastrophic stroke." It is followed by the other cynical part of me that says we paid someone $165 to not have to double check their work. All that is besides the point. Uncle Sam calls and he don't play. It's money. It's a lot of money. Almost $1,000. Still, it's money. We'll pay it and move on with our lives. Lessons learned. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I think the problem is that it's one thing after another. At least it feels that way. The last year and one month was a series of instances that have cost a lot of money and/or been an extreme headache. We've got through them. We are getting through them. We are the better for our trials. I used to not be able to say that. I can begin to say it now. BUT SERIOUSLY, give this girl and her husband a freaking break. Please.

So, tonight I had a couple of goals. They were "Sharpen the Saw" and "Big Rock" goals. One was the mental sharpening that writing/blogging brings to me. The other was a thank you note that I wanted to write. There were a few "to-do's" I wanted to get to. I just feel deflated with a dose of the defeated. So, I write this because I want to meet my goal. The discipline to meet my goal is good as I don't feel quite as deflated and/or defeated as I did a few short paragraphs ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment