Today is Wednesday. It has already been a pretty exciting week.
I started a class this week called, Narrative & Family Life. I believe that Narrative Therapy will pretty much determine my approach to therapy. It will at the very least be my base. It fits who I am as a person and it makes sense to me. It ebbs of humility and keeping the person a person in the therapeutic relationship. I love that it doesn't pass judgement on people or dissect them and their problems into a million pieces but stands in humility to them, in partnership with them and challenges us to be curious and care enough to step inside their story and understand their past, present and future from their perspective. It keeps them whole. I will have to blog more on it another time and my education in this approach continues and as I let it settle into my mind.
I met with my MFT (that's Marriage and Family Therapy) advisor. He gave me a rough sketch into the courses I will be taking this next year. Yah, I was pretty much on cloud 9 after that. I am just so thankful that the "meat" of my program is within sight, smell and touch distance. It is providing me the extra push I need to get through a heavy academic load this quarter.
I met with my SOT (School of Theology) advisor for the last time today. I actually applied for graduation for my MA in Theology. THAT was so weird and unexpected. I will have my MAT Spring 2007. Crazy!
Tonight I finish up my Pentateuch class. It's be a five-week intensive. It's been a GREAT class. Biblical studies are always challenging for me but I really learned alot in studying the first five books of the Bible. I learned how much I had been missing in not only understanding my faith through an accurate understanding of its history but also how I've approached my faith in terms of only viewing the New Testament and maybe Psalms and Proverbs as important to faith. THAT is so wrong. We have much as evangelicals to learn from the Old Testament. In the weeks to come, and specifically as I do my two papers for this class, I am sure the application will become more and more clear. Another post?
It's been a GREAT week and although I have a TON, TON, TON of work to do...it's all coming together. GOD is faithful to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment