Sunday, July 23, 2006
the update on me
Here's the quick update on what is going on with me:
* I 'm finishing up my MA in Theology this year and will be conferred the degree in Spring 2007. Wow!
* I officially start my MS in Marriage & Family Therapy this fall and will finish it Spring 2008. I will be doing the bulk of my course work in the next three quarters and starting practicum as early as Spring 2007. The last year of my program will be a light course load with continued practicum hours. Then I'll graudate, look for an internship where I'll finish up my hours and hopefully sit for my MFT license within a few years. It's a long road but right now nothing else makes sense for me to do. All the MFT courses I've sat in so far have confirmed to me that I love this stuff. It'll be great to get to practicum to see what will happen when the rubber meets the road in an actual client relationship.
*I quit my job on campus. I'm pursuing my floral business to support me. I am hoping to work on the foundation and infrastructure of my business this summer and in the fall in the hopes of really seeing a lot of floral jobs come my way next year. The flexibility that being a florist for special events and weddings will offer will be great with meeting my education/career goals. So, keep me in mind if you or anyone else has floral needs for a wedding or special event!
*My family is doing great. My niece is a little over 4 months old and pretty precious. Her mom and dad are enamored with her as is the rest of the family. She has a sweet disposition and just laughs and smiles. My mom is working on moving to be closer to her granddaughter and just enjoying the mid-west lifestyle. That'll be weird for me but I think it'll be a great move for her.
Other than that life is pretty good. It's been a transition of sorts to be a full-time student. I am enjoying my education but look forward to its end result. I turn 30 in a couple of months and welcome that as a big milestone that appreciates all that the 20's has been but looks to the 30s with eager anticipation.
That's it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment