
Knott's Scary Farm was a hoot! I had never been before which is kinda of unbelievable but for sure worth the wait. This is James and I at the "Pre-Scare" dinner.
The highlights:
- The monsters who are "sliders". They have knee and special gloves with metal on them. They hide in the corner and at the perfect time "slide" into the crowd to give a good scare. It was brilliant.
- Hearing other people scream.
- James and I were sitting on a bench taking it all in. James was checking his voice mail and I noticed that people were looking at us funny. I looked at James and noticed that above his head a monster was ready to scare him. It was at that point that James looked up and subsequently got scared out of his mind. The voice mail waited and for the rest of the evening James was always watching his back. I died laughing and even relating this event now is making me laugh out loud. Hee, hee!
- Walking into clouds of fog in the pitch black of the night and not knowing what the heck is in front of you!
- The artwork that went into some of the mazes. I stood behind James is every single one. He buffered the experience for me...thank goodness!! It was scary. The Asylum maze and the maze based upon the Grudge 2... scary, bloody and scary. The vampire maze was cool. It was different eras of vampires. Very cool. They also had a maze that reminded me of Tower of Terror at D-land. That was fun. I felt like a deer caught in headlights at the wonder of it all.
- The show called "The Hanging" which is basically a big spoof an all that has happened in pop culture with celebrities, politicians, etc. It was fun to reflect and realize how absurd our world is sometimes. It was great fun.
- Lastly, James complained of a nervous stomach and went to the bathroom and of course, I took opportunity as well. I finished and waited outside. I waited for awhile feeling sorry for the boyfriend whose belly was bothering him. Then in pops James through the entrance of the restuarant (where we'd stopped for our restroom break) looking winded. I was like, "What?" Well, that sweet man staged all that to try and win me this big (I mean BIG) stuffed puppy dog (I had mentioned to him how I wanted one and he said he was no good at those types of things) and one of the carnival type stands they had. He played four times and $10 later and even an offer to pay for the dog outright, he decided to come back to get me knowing I was probably starting to worry. The dog would have been fun but the effort he went to try to surprise me was the best of all. Sweet man.
No comments:
Post a Comment