I deemed this morning a successful morning when I got up and could find the coffeemaker, coffee, a coffee mug and creamer as well as a change of clothes. The only bummer is that I couldn't find my supply of contacts. I really have to find those. All in all a day where I could function! We're still waiting on that painting quote so we can get the painting started and then our lives can be unpacked. I'm trying to figure out how to make this place a little bit more livable without entirely unpacking so that I'll have to pack all over again when painting finally does happen. That task for another day...
On another successful note, I found out you can rent wheelchair accessible vans much like renting a car. We'll do this in order to take the MIL home and on the occasional trips to the doctor until we know what our long term transportation needs will be. I made one inquiry to a home health care company and found it to be a little bit more expensive than we had planned. I'll call more in the coming weeks.
Tomorrow, James and I will be trained on feeding, etc. by the speech pathologist and physical therapy things like using the lift to get the MIL out of bed and generally how to help her maneuver a bit. She hasn't been feeling well in the last day or two. This morning I checked on her and she looked a bit more rested and her color was good again. I did wake her out of her beauty sleep so I quickly left so she could get some more.
This week as well we are going to see Wicked again! I'm so excited and I'm taking off for a week trip to Ohio on Saturday. I'm excited about that too and hopefully we'll get a calm week for the husband as he'll be navigating the continued flurry of renovations, care and preparations for the MIL coming home on his own. He is very supportive of me going to visit my family but a little weary of having to weather our little storm of life without his first mate. I'm leaving the laptop here so we can do a little video chatting while I am away.
Tonight, James and I are going to go to a movie. We are needing a little escapism as we are weekly confronted with a challenge related to care for the MIL. I'm not exaggerating. Weekly. Sometimes two or three in a week or even in a day. So, we take fun when we can.
Let's hope for tomorrow I can find my contacts and another outfit to wear.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As you can see, I'm trying to be a good little commenter to make up for months of neglect!
ReplyDeleteI hope you find your contacts soon! Since I am recently dependent on glasses for reading, I have a new appreciation for those who opitically-challenged.
And I hope you have a good time visiting the fam--and that James manages well in your absence!