Next week... week of March 5th...
Week 10 of the quarter.
Start to receive trainee positions offers from practicum sites on Monday, March 5th. Then start a process by where I can only have one offer open at a time. Once I received the second offer, I have to decide between those two, deny one by calling the site, don't call the site that I am still interested in until I receive a call from a site I am more interested in then the one I kept open. Repeat as necessary.
Tuesday, March 6th...Test in Psychopathology on some other chapter in the DSM that makes me scared to be a therapist. Celebrate that torturous Tuesday's are over for this quarter in which I had no break from 8am-9:30pm.
Wednesday, March 7th. Wait for last of the sites to contact. Agonize over decision. Turn in major budget project at work.
Notify site that I want on Thursday, March 8th. Did I make the right decision? Based on the decision I do make, my life will look like ________________ and I'll have to make the following changes to my life ____________________. Stress. Relief. Both emotions. Continued debt because I can't work my free therapy job and my real job and take classes. All in all will just be glad to know what life holds in the next year... well at least where and when I have to show up. I guess that's all we can really know. All in all celebrate the opportunity to start seeing clients and kick back a glass of wine and a good meal because of it.
THREE HOUR forms orientation on Friday, March 9th. The golden rule of therapy, document, document, document. In three short hours, we'll show you how.
The weekend... March 10 & March 11. Take home final in Pscyhopharmacology. Take home final in Marital Therapy. Church history paper from last quarter. Internet research project for psychopharmacology. Pray to the J-E-S-U-S that I passed Psychopathology.
Week of March 12... Breath. Finish up work and turn it in. Hop on a plane to Ohio to visit my family. Try on dresses. Do some other wedding stuff. Sleep.
Then work during spring break. No classes. Sleep a lot. See James more. Watch movies. Play hookie. The options are endless.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment