Next week is week 8 of the quarter... need I say more! I'm tired! I love my classes but I am a little burnt out of the pace of life. I am looking forward to the much needed breaks that comes in a few weeks. It's the mountain I gotta climb to get there that makes me a even a little more weary. I wouldn't trade my schooling experience for the life of me. Yet I do look forward to that phase of life coming to a close. It really is right around the corner and I need to realize that before I know it will be at the place I've waited for all along.
I'm still in the midst of interviewing for practicum sites. That has been an interesting experience that has left me more confused than given me clarity. Every site that I have interviewed at seems great for many reasons. I guess I want a little of what they all offer. It really depends on what site give me an offer of placement and then I'll trust the good ole pros and cons list, gut instincts and a lot of verbal processes to get me to the place I need to be. I think it is that I am just so excited to experience everything that it is hard for me to focus. I guess since I am still in training it is good to be opened minded and have an insatiable curiosity about it all.
I think all in all I get frustrated by the limitations of myself and the limitations of just what it means to be human. You have a specific time here on earth and bodily limitations that you can only push so far before it all backfires on you. Yet I can't deny in me an insatiable curiosity and a propensity to get bored easily. I felt the need to focus my life and that focus was on therapy. I'm content in the field of therapy and yet I realize that that field opens up another broad field where focusing is needed again.
Then I realize the light and darkness of my personality... a personality that has been with me from day one. My mom would be the first one to tell you that since I breathed my first breathe I as ready to take on life. I have an insatiable curiosity. I don't focus on today or tomorrow but always the future. I am easily discontent always looking for more idealism. I am never satisfied with certain parts of life. There is good to that and there is bad to that. That is the war within myself.
Wedding plans are coming along. We have a reception site and a church. I've ordered save-the dates and I'm starting to work on collecting addresses. I'm going to Ohio in the middle of March and will try on dresses with my mom and my sister as well as have my sister try on dresses. I'll also plan on dragging them on other wedding errands when I figure out what those are. Spring Break will be a great time to have some space in my mind for such thoughts, decisions and discussions.
James and I had a beautiful first Valentine's together. We made dinner avoiding the Valetnine's Day dinner rush. Then we just did all that romantic stuff about how much we loved each other, blah, blah, blah. I'll save you the details cause I know we already push the envelope of barf and gag me. :) I gave him dinner and a movie for Valentine's Day and he gave me a stainless steel Starbucks' mug I had been eyeing, a cute Starbuck's Valetine bear, a Starbuck's gift certificate and a four boxes of candy hearts. Does this man know me or what? It was a priceless and thoughful gift. I had always imagined one day I would have a man who would remember that I loved candy hearts and give them to me on Valentine's Day. James is that man and he did. That, I think, was the best. He didn't even know he was making one of my day dreams come true. It's silly but it meant a lot to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there! Been looking forward to a blog update. Your reception site and church are going to be awesome. Great choices!
ReplyDeleteI know you're super busy but it's great to get an update and hear what's going on.
elaina