Thursday, September 20, 2007

my luke skywalker


Meet James new toy. The beloved Luke Skywalker light saber.

This purchase wasn't for the kids. This was for him. I think how impractical and why, why, why but then again a $75 trip to Sephora or a $100 trip to the mall to buy clothes seems justifiable to me even though the man doesn't see the very real difference between quality makeup, shoes and clothes. (Do I hear an Amen?) Anyway, all this to say that I try not to get on his case about his light saber/DVD/Spooky Town purchases.

So, just so you know I am safe here in my apartment. He chopped the head off the vacuum, slit the throat of the couch and when I attacked him with a shoe, he of course needed to defend himself and cut me in half. I dramatically dropped the shoe and thought about dropping to the ground in defeat but chose to dramatically swoon instead.

The light saber is properly stored on top of one of the bookcases (in its special light saber rack) ready to use at a moment's notice. You never know when even the TV or the oranges from the kitchen might attack and my highly skilled ewok might need to use the force and the light saber to defend and save the world...or at least show who's boss to the mean and vile furniture, appliances and produce that inhabit this world...er, I mean this apartment.

The next purchase is the red light saber so "we can battle". Heck, maybe James is onto a new couples conflict resolution intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment