I get my electricity bill every two months and had the nagging feeling that I should have already received it by now and also the need to know the forthcoming large amount that I knew I would have to pay. The hot SoCal weather (remember Labor Day weekend) and the fact that the man in my life is always hot...always... I knew it would be rather large.
$241.55 for two months of electricity
Oh my...
So, after my initial, holy crap! moment. I decided to use a bit of reframing. A spectacular therapeutic technique that leads to "aha" moments and just being able to look at things a bit differently.
So, let's give it a try...
My air conditioning didn't go out. I didn't have to scour all of Southern California for an air conditioning unit or a fan to save my life. My little wall unit in the living room just plugged away and my fan didn't break. My car has fabulous air conditioning. It didn't go out either. That was nice. Many people (like my man and like his mother) sat in houses that didn't have any air, had cars that their AC went kaput and spent $300 for a wall unit while under duress. Heck, there were many people who lost their lives in the weekend of scorching heat. I was comfortable and not inconvenienced. I was lucky. So, I will pay my $241.55 to the City of Pasadena with a great relief that life could be really a lot worse. Then I will adjust my budget accordingly because the man in my life will be moving in three shorts months and his very favorite spot ever in life (okay, one of them at least) is to sit on the couch, turn on the wall unit, point it towards him, watch a little TV and eventually fall asleep.
Oh, I feel much better now... Okay, well I sort of feel much better...
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment