Sunday, July 6, 2008

My rough life...

Last night, James and I spent our last night in Pasadena. We are a wee bit sad but far too busy and with too much still to do to give anything but a passing thought. I spent the majority of the day cleaning up the apartment and packing up two car loads of remaining stuff. The second load is still in my car. I can't muster anymore energy to unload the car and frankly I have no idea where we are going to put it. Seriously. The garage is full and we have piles high to the ceiling of the stuff we already moved. I had the passing thought just to leave it in my car until some space avails itself. We are hoping to get the majority of the interior of the house painted starting this week and will continue to live in chaos mode until then. Frankly, it really doesn't seem that chaotic because we almost have one household to take care of instead of two. I'll take boxes for a week or two more...just give me one place to take care of, thank you very much. To be honest, I think the lure of our newly finished air conditioning has also stalled the long list of things to get done. I quite enjoy sitting underneath a vent that blows cold, refreshing air on me. I couldn't decide what would be more refreshing. A dip in the pool or a sit in a recliner positioned just below an air vent. I might just do both.

So, although my life in Pasadena is coming to a close and it'll just be a place that I work or that I visit friends, I can't complain too much about the life that is to come. I'd take back my MIL's stroke any day but for now I'll enjoy the pool, the AC and a newly renovated house...and the time to make the best life for my MIL and for my husband until the next journey avails itself.

1 comment:

  1. You know about speed dating, right? Well, it is almost like you and James are doing speed lifing right now, moving so quickly from one stage to another. I know leaving Pasadena isn't what you thought you'd be doing this time last year... I'll pray the transition goes well AND that the air conditioning unit isn't a dud!!!!

    ReplyDelete