Friday, September 1, 2006

the OH

I arrived Tuesday to the OH for a 2 week and one day trip. It is now the eve of day 4 and we are preparing to go to a Steely Dan & Michael McDonald concert. This at the influence of my brother-in-law who loves the smooth jazz. I had to buy a hoodie at the Target and pants at the Old Navy for the event because of course I forget that it is not SoCal everywhere!

We've been watching the US Open. John and I both stayed up until 1am to watch the Andre Agassi match. It was phenomenal. It was a piece of tennis history and it brought back memories of my days playing tennis in high school and ooh-ing and aah-ing over the much younger Andre. It was sweet. We've also hit the gym. Yet most of the time has been occupied loving on little Emma Z. She is just the sweetest girl ever. She makes the day fly by. It's been a good time with sister as well. She appreciates having an adult human to help and interact with throughout the day!

Tomorrow night is the first game for USC this season. 7:45pm. ESPN. TiVo. Carrie and John will be going out for a date night to a fav dining spot. Emma and I will watch the team coming out running and show the world we mean business. Oh, then she'll go to bed and I'll pick up where I left off. It should be golden!

Lastly, I miss the boyfriend (herein referred to as bf) very much. We talk, text message and everyday I've read on a little strip of paper the things he loves about me. He'll be getting little fun things in the mail in return. Yet it's just not the same without being with him. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and I look forward very much to seeing him when I get back. :) He is simply the best.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment