DESOLATION
My mom has been anticipating moving to Ohio for much of this past year. I'm very excited for and in a matter of a few weeks she will be a resident of Ohio with a job looking for a house. I am very proud of her for making this major life transition. I am very proud of her. At the same time, my grandfather is moving back to the OC and now the place where I grew up will become a memory instead of a destination to visit my family. So although I am excited, I am sad that my mom will be much further away. It's one of those mixed emotion times when you feel happy and sad in the same moment.
CONSOLATION
I went with James to his high school reunion on Saturday night. He was asked to do a 20 minute magic show. It was the first time I saw him perform. He was GREAT and such a natural. That didn't surprise me but it was fun to see him in action. It was very cool to see the smiles and wonder he brought to people's faces. It felt like just for a moment they were transported back to the time in our lives when we are amazed and awed and for those moments you forget the sometimes hard, cold reality of our modern life. I won't let him tell me the secrets of his magic. I want to be amazed as long as I can. I need amazement in my life especially going into the field of therapy. That is just one of the many reasons why I cherish him in my life. He is a joy to others and especially a joy to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Miss Life Girl, I am so glad to see your post today. It brings back memories of you know where (positive memories)! Your life is taking new turns every day isn't it? I am happy for your mom, too. She is being brave and I'm glad your niece will get some more grandma time.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to link up other SWB posts but am not sure if I should do yours. What do you think? Are you comfortable with that?
ooooooooooh, someone is in (insert L word)!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe
ReplyDeleteI heart you Zoey!