I formally accepted my offer by leaving a mesage with the Clinical Director of Pasadena Mental Health at 12:05am on Thursday, March 8th... Practicum Decision Day.
No, I didn't set my alarm so that I could wake up and call her just to be cheesy. I was already up and actually on my way home from the OC. James and I went to a Tyrone Wells concert. I had given him some music of Tyrone's to listen to and since the end of last year James has been talking about going to see Tyrone in March. We had a ton of fun!
Anyway, so I was out and about and thought I would leave a message... which still is kind of cheesy but seriously my overactive imagination got the best of me when I thought that maybe somehow, someway, something would happen where inadvertently in the three days I had to wait to officially accept the position would slip from my hands. Needless to say I am eagerly waiting for her call today to confirm, etc. I hope to start in June! Yipee!
I did get another offer from La Vie Counseling Center on Tuesday night. It was very flattering to have received 4 out of my 6 interview spots. I haven't heard yet on the other two but that's water under the bridge now. I called to turn down the offer from La Vie and the Clinical Director called me back to say that the site that had me was fortunate and I was going to make a great therapist.
Also, my TA today who is doing who internship at SEEC said that she had hoped I would choose SEEC. I was flattered but felt frustrated that I can't be at them all!
All this to say that this week has stroked my ego sufficiently and given me a sense of confidence I need as I move closer to now actually seeing clients. I am excited!
I got to see James tonight after a few days of not seeing him. I accepted my dream trainee site. I finish classes tomorrow. I've received great encouragement earlier today. I don't know that a girl could be happier with her life. I think maybe losing 50 pounds would make me happier but that would just push me over the top of the 100% happiness I feel right now!
I am so incredibly thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats! That is such wonderful news. These sites obviously know gold when they see it!
ReplyDeleteI'm a little late but congrats on accepting your offer! How exciting to be entering this new stage, Zoey. In all of these areas!
ReplyDeleteFirefox randomly destroyed all of my bookmarks one night when I restarted my laptop so I've been trying to remember what the blog address was w/out emailing you for it. AGAIN. :) Anyway, just wanted to say congrats. Oh, and so jealous you can just lickety split go to a Tyrone Wells show or see anyone else for that matter. We've got nothin', nada, zilch out here in the sticks. :)