I had to read my last post to remember what I planned on doing for my spring break. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had already accomplished many of the things on my list.
I had a great time visiting my family in Ohio. It was a short trip but it was filled with many times of playing with little Miss Emma Z. She's the cutest ever. She's so happy and very, very busy. She's going to give her parents a run for her money but she's precious as ever. She carries around a picture of me that Carrie put in a frame and gives it smooches and says "Zo Zo". She's so cute!! Carrie and John are expecting again on September 17th! They'll find out in four weeks as to whether it is a girl or a boy. Yipee!!
I've read two books for pleasure and I'm working on a third one. I've read "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion and "Bridge to Terabithia" by Katherine Paterson and Donna Diamond. I'm starting to read "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell. I also bought "The Tipping Point" by the same author.
I worked out twice while I was in Ohio. I've been sideline by this cold thing but look forward to getting that on track. I went to a step class with Carrie on Thursday and was reminded that I love classes like Step and TKB so hopefully Wednesday I can get started on this workout schedule. Right now it's a diet of orange juice and water!
I found my wedding dress and figured out the bridesmaid dresses. I actually bought my wedding dress while in Ohio. It was important to me that my mom and sister got to be a part of the process but I never anticipated finding THE dress but I did and I love it! My sister is going to ship it to me. It was too much to try to carry on the plane. I can't wait until it gets here. I've got an idea of what I want the tables to look like at the reception. My next goal is to get the stinking save the date cards out!
James picked me up at the airport on Sunday. It was good to be home again. Home is just him as a person. The guy that lets me lay my head on his shoulder, tells me to sit down and he'll get my luggage, let's my sleep on the way home and just as happy as can be to see me. Tomorrow night he is off work so I am going to go and see him. He's been working two jobs to help pay for the wedding but my boy is TIRED. It'll be good to see him tomorrow and spend some time with him. He has Saturday off too which will be a day of wedding details and hanging out a bit. We are soo busy that each moments matters that we spend together. So, need to work on the have fun with James but just glad I get to spend some time with him.
Haven't cleaned the house. Need to clean the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I'm reading the blogs in chronological order since I've missed a lot of them. And now I'm up to date. Congrats to Carrie & John ... if you're reading Carrie! :) Exciting news!
ReplyDeleteZoey, James sounds like such a great guy -- working two jobs. That's awesome. Great too that you were able to find a dress while in Ohio. You should post a "it looks like this" kind of photo. Yeah sure, since I'm sure you have so much free time on your hands! I think that if I get married, I'm eloping though. But I do like hearing about other people's weddings. Because then I can live vicariously without having to do the work. :)
Z-girl, duuuuude, I don't think I ever let you know that I got your email about missing our appointment. I'm so sorry you were sick. I hope you are doing better now! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Z-girl,
ReplyDeleteThe date is saved! I got my card today.
Um... it's been awhile since an update. I'm just sayin'.