Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a pre-fall quarter update

Well, to start off, I quit my job at the school. Last Thursday specifically I put in my two weeks notice. This was a very hard and sad decision to make. Not only because the money is great but also because of the relationships I share. It was as a grueling decision to make as the one I had to make to leave the church but I likened it to it sucks that I won't see some of these people on a daily basis anymore. Yet all in all it is a good decision to not live an insanely busy life anymore. I wasn't enjoying any of it although all the individual things I enjoy greatly. James was the biggest supporter of this decision and for that I am grateful. I enjoyed this past weekend much more not having to figure out to cram as much in it because life each week just gets busier and busier. Life will still get busy with school and more practicum hours but I will have some more time and not as many things to put my head around. I'm looking forward to having weekends to have fun as well as get stuff done. I am most looking forward to enjoying the three months I have before my wedding date. I love this season of life in general and feel like I will get an opportunity to be fully present in it. Then if things work out for James in his new job here at school (meaning it goes from temp to permanent) then I might not have to work until I graduate and find my full-time therapist job. That'd be a nice treat in the first six months of marriage and last six months of grad school. So, that is what we are working towards. At the very least, I get to have the rest of the year to enjoy... and for that I am exceedingly happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoey!
    Wow, the wedding date is drawing near! I bet you can't wait. I'm glad school is going well for you and that things won't be as insane now that you quit your job. I'm sure school is time-consuming as it is!!
    Miss you! - Take care Love, Dawn :-)

    ReplyDelete