Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 7

Today is day 7 of convalescing.

I stayed home from the Sunday ritual of church, breakfast and errands with James' mom. I had pain during the night like I have had all this week but the kicker was the all too familiar pain in my left lower back that started the whole saga. I am so over it. So, at 5:40am in the morning, I popped a Vicodin, got my pillows all propped up on the couch and my favorite blanket. I then tried to sleep a little in the position my body favors the most these days....the 90 degree and on my back. Then I slept a little. Two hours later James left to spend some time with his mom and I went to the usual (yes, it is usual now) routine of watching TV, drinking water and napping...hoping against hope that pain goes away and this pain results in a successful passing of a kidney stone or two.

Another thing to report! I am also day 7 caffeine free! I had to fast before the surgery on Monday and didn't really thinking caffeine was the greatest on a recently shockwaved kidney. After day 3 or 4, I just decided to give up the habit. You see, I secretly have been feeling like I've wanted to give up coffee. I'll repeat... I have been feeling like I want to give up coffee for a few weeks now. I've been afraid to admit it actually. There was even one time I thought of vocalizing my thoughts to James but didn't in fear of actually feeling differently about it after I said it or being kept accountable. See, this is how bad my caffeine/coffee addiction has been. So, I thought I'd report here that I am done with my daily morning cup of coffee. I will also pass on the Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I've wanted to give it up for awhile and now I have. The end of an era.

Lastly, this is an up to the minute report of TV shows/movies I've watched:

Beverly Hills 90210: The First Season
The Forsyte Saga: Series 1
V for Vendetta
Mr. Woodcock
The Jane Austen Book Club
The Heartbreak Kid

I've also started reading The Kite Runner. Fabulous book.

2 comments:

  1. proud of you for giving up caffine!! life is better without it. its a BIG step to give up the lovely, yummy coffee ... it was harder for me to give up the diet dr. pepper but my body is thankful i did. i'm sure yours will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Friday Night Lights Season 1 - I love it.

    I hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete