Although the week hasn't ended yet for me because I have two clients tomorrow, I am so glad that I have the rest of the evening to relax. I am soooo tired but I'll take tired anyday. You see, this is the first week I've felt physically and emotionally good in a long time. From pre-wedding craziness to last of day of honeymoon kidney stone drama, this week I feel myself again. I am so glad. I have energy, creativity, space to reflect, motivation and the good 'ole ambition. I still have along to do list which includes wedding thank you's, homework and the like but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The timing couldn't be more perfect because I've got significant transitions coming up that I need to be present for. Not only future transitions but the huge transition I took only two months ago of getting married. That being the first area of that being checked in would benefit!
Next Monday morning I register for classes for the last time in my graduate career at Fuller. While I am glad to not be spending thousands of dollars on my education...strike that... borrowing thousands of dollars for my education...it makes me a little sad that my experience as a graduate student at Fuller is over in a mere 16 weeks. Fuller has been so many things to me over the past 3 1/2 years and probably most significantly it has been a place of healing and a place where I've been able to discover myself again. It's the place that gave me the opportunity to discover that being a therapist was exactly what I wanted and what I needed to continue to grow me as a person. I've met friend who are future colleagues and more importantly community that I will always cherish. It was also the era of time in which I met my husband. Fuller, the education and the community really saved me in a time I knew I was on the right path but everything within felt like I was lost. It's important in the next four months that I process all that this era coming to an end means to me.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment