Monday, June 2, 2008

A nice way to end my graduate education

So, I dutifully completed an assignment that was due midnight on Memorial Day. It was a survey on a particular word in the Bible. I chose "anger" from the 4 or 5 topics allowed. I just got it done. That's all I do... get it done.

Much to my surprise, I got on A on the paper. That wasn't the kicker...

The professor contacted me via email and asked if I would read my paper in class. My first thought after reading the email was, "I'm sure he got the wrong person." I reread my paper a bit and decided that it wasn't all that bad. So, I responded back with a "Sure." to the professor and then got a "Great." back.

This evening in class I did just that. It was torture. I was sweating. I was never as glad to get to the last page of the paper. Yet it was a cool honor nonetheless. And it was a great way to finish off a long career of graduate education.

1 comment: