Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a relief!

It's 9:31pm on Sunday evening. I'm enjoy a much earned Newcastle (English beer) while my husband is enjoying a Corona (Mexican beer). We represent the beers we drink. I'm relaxing and blogging. He is exploring all the "Watch Instantly" movies one can watch instantly via Netflix. He is currently singing along with Elvis. It's a nice Sunday night.

I've spent the last fourteen (yes, fourteen!) hours studying today. I don't think I've ever studied for such a prolonged period of time. I've never been as motivated to be on top of my studies as I have this time around. The desire to be done, once and for all, launched me out of bed and straight to the computer. From 7:30am to 2pm, I wrote a paper and then from 2pm to 7:00pm, I completed a study guide for a final I have on Tuesday. From 7:30pm to 9:30pm, I studied with Michelle in continued preparation for the final on Tuesday. I took breaks only for coffee, water, food, the potty, calls to/from the husband and a quick shower when I couldn't stand the smell of myself anymore. That was about 5:30pm. The great part is that my paper has been sent to my professor and the study guide is complete. I'll review on Monday night and Tuesday morning and then come 12:50pm on Tuesday afternoon, I'll be walking out of class a free woman...forever. Life is sweet.

The reality is that I'm going to have to go through a "mayhem is my life" detox. I know don't know what to do with myself. I feel a sense of relief but another part of me says, "What's next?". It's not that I don't have other stuff to wrap up and projects to start. Those lists are still as long. The problem is that I have such an adrenaline rush that I actually don't know what to do when I can actually enjoy more time and even how to reward myself with the rest of the night off. Can I go to a rehab center for detoxification of adrenaline? Hah!

I'm so glad to be one step closer to the end of my graduate career. I am so ready to be done. I'm not ready to engage the real world again but ready to leave the tuition ridden, deadline obsessive, paper writing, intensive pace of the graduate world.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment