Thursday, June 26, 2008

This week

This week marks the last week of practicum. I'm barely present in it as I am also concentrating all my time and energy on the renovating of our new house and packing up our apartment. I am thankful that it is the last week as I looking forward to some time off...especially to deal with moving and all the questions around the care of my MIL. Yet it has been sad to say goodbye to a few clients and say see you in a couple of months to those who are following me to private practice. Lots of hugs and thank you's. It is very sad and very nice.

The theme of this week is, "Holy crap, we are moving in two weeks and have soo much to do to make our new home livable for us and pack up all our crap!" We are optimistic at this point. As we speak, I am overhearing all the sawing and commotion of having laminate installed in the kitchen and in the game room. The carpet guys should be hear shortly to install carpet in the family room. Next week, we'll have a handyman... Mr. Handyman... take out windows in the rooms the back up to the addition and replace with drywall. Mr. Handyman will also construct a wall to enclose our AC unit. I think Mr. Handyman is doing some other stuff around the house but I can't recall what my Mr. Handyman and THE Mr. Handyman have worked out. Oh, ugly brown paneling is being taken down and the walls underneath (hopefully we have walls undernearth!) will be prepped for painting. Our AC man and friend Paul will be finishing the AC work this week. We love Paul. The husband and RVW are moving the big stuff on Saturday and then the next weekend will follow our boxes, etc. The painter extraordinare, aka me, will be painting walls under paneling a Swiss Coffee, which is fancy for a little off white. She'll also attempt to paint the kitchen and the bathroom.

Throw in a trip to Ohio, seeing Wicked from front and center seats and finding a freaking job and also important decision around the care of my MIL (and the showering of money from heaven to help us out in that!) and we'll be good. Honestly, it is a lot and we get a little overwhelmed when we have the large looming question, hole, abyss called "our freaking government won't help us take care of my MIL at home" but we'll figure it out. We have to. Someday I'll take some pictures and you'll see them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment