Wednesday, November 28, 2007

basket case

I've officially communed with all brides of the past, present and future. No, I haven't been too bridezilla yet (but stay tuned) but I am seriously an emotional basket case. Well, emotional basket case for me. (Read that I am over 50% British and raised close to that side of the family.) Planning a wedding is exciting and hard for various reasons. Stress, the family that you wish could be there but can't because they can only watch from heaven, regular life, those that frustrate you for a variety of reason, mounting money spent that seems endless...the fun stuff like imagine walking down in your dress, the dancing at the reception, the presents, the honeymoon. I understand now that it is one of the most emotional times in your life.

So, this reality has been gradually coming up in the last couple of weeks... but it was set in stone tonight as I watched an episode of Private Practice from a few weeks ago. I get choked up at TV but I full on balled twice during this episode. The pregnant woman who lost her husband as a result of being shot in the line of duty. She finally breaks down because her husband is not here to be a part of her life and her baby's life. Addison crawls into the birthing tub to console her and help her through the birth. She gets invovled. Full on bawling is what I am doing at this point. Then later on in the episode after Dr. Feel Good reveals to his ex-wife that he was involved in a hostage situation in which he delivered a baby, the begin to passionately make love. Start bawling again.

Clearly, I am a basket case.

3 comments:

  1. We should have watched this episode together!!! I watched it yesterday too and did the same thing - totally bawled!!!

    hang in there girl! Let's get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - we totally should have watched that show together --- I watched it the same day and did the same thing....completely bawled!

    Hang in there - it is an emotional time and you have every right to be emotional! Just be where you are.

    Let's hang soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you this week - the one before your wedding. You will be beautiful, the ceremony will be beautiful - the whole day will be amazing! Soak it in! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete