Thursday, November 1, 2007

our halloween

This year's Halloween celebration was pretty mellow this year...but lots of fun. James favorite...and I am mean FAVORITE...holiday is Halloween. We've just been so busy these past couple of months with work, wedding details and other life stuff that James knew he wasn't going to be able to go all out and turn the front of his mom's house into a literal graveyard. It's been the talk of the neighborhood these many years but it was taking a break for Halloween 2007.

We decided to stick it at home, hangout with Christian & Erin, hand out candy and introduce our beloved friends to our latest addiction...Guitar Hero III (on the Wii!). The were easy converts and we played for many upon many hours...interrupted by not one Trick-o-Treaters (note to kids at Fuller...seriously missed out on a bevy of candy not going door to door in the nearly I don't know how many apartments within only a block or two of your home).

Anyway, the greatest part about the evening was how cute my James is. I had a client and wasn't going to get home until 7ish. He was off to get candy when I left. I came home to a sign on the door to let the Trick-o-Treaters know we were cool and a little display of pumpkins outside our door. So cute! So, I rang the door bell and with my briefcase open, he came to the door. I was going as a therapist for Halloween!

He had made me his famous guacamole (yum!) for dinner (yes, dinner!) and with our friend we rocked in our respective bands (I'm a guitarist in Pink Paradise). It was mellow but a lot of fun and a much needed fun break in the midst of every increasing busy (but amazing!) season of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment