Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving 2007

It's Thanksgiving Day Eve. I'm enjoying a few quiet moments at home. Thought I'd share the highlights of my day.

First, I hosted Thanksgiving at my apartment with my mom and James' mom. It was just the four of us and we had a great time just kicking back and enjoying the day. James fried a turkey in the second annual fried turkey extravaganza. He outdid himself again and this was the best turkey yet. The moistest turkey ever. He's so cute as he prepares day ahead and then as he goes about his deep frying ways. The best. All of dinner and dessert was great. We were stuffed silly.

Secondly, we broke out the Wii and played Guitar Hero, Wii Sports and Wii Play. My mom tried a song on the Guitar Hero and that was fun to see her rock it. Then we turned on Wii Sports and that's when my mom started to get crazy with the Wii. She bowled and then she boxed. She actually was the one that wanted to box. She and James boxed. James and I boxed. I knocked him out. :) My mom and I boxed. It's good on Thanksgiving when you are with the family to "pretend" box each other. Good family therapy. Ha! Anyway, I loved that my mom was willing and totally got into it. That was the best.

Now, I am along and enjoying sitting on the couch with a blanket on. Watching the movie Hairspray while blogging. Tomorrow I have stuff to do for the wedding and schoolwork but now I am just enjoying the moment and relishing in a great day.

Oh, here'e the link to the photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=72002&l=c84ee&id=780380382

No comments:

Post a Comment