Saturday, March 29, 2008

Reflections while eating the bunny's head

It's Saturday early evening and I'm enjoying a few quiet moments of rest and reflection. I've just gnawed off the head of a dark chocolate Dove bunny. It was frozen so really the gnawing stopped at the head. I digress...

Monday is the start of the Spring quarter and the start of my last quarter in graduate school. Early June I'll be conferred both an MA in Theology and a MS in Marriage and Family Therapy. I can hardly believe that my graduate school career is coming to an end and that I have to reengage in real life. I remember the anxious feelings I had in finishing my undergraduate degree and then have to navigate real life. I share the same feelings now. The process of resume writing, application completing and interviewing will commence and hopefully at the end will be a full-time therapy job paying a okay wage...a wage that will at least be enough to start paying off my lovely student loans. I'll say goodbye to clients I've known for a year and a way of the grad student life that I've known for more than three years. I'll wait for offers and receive rejections. I'll have new colleagues and new clients while still keeping old clients and old colleagues. I'll collect hours and countdown to licensing. The days and months will roll by and I'll say a year of marriage instead of a few months. One day I'll hopefully find out that a little one resides within me and I'll be wife, therapist... and mom.

So much of life has already passed. Growing up. Getting a bachelor's. My first career. Newlywed. Two master's degrees.

So much of life still awaits. Years of marriage. Babies (if God so blesses us). Licensed therapist. Full private practice.

So, as sad and anxious as I am about the transition that is to become... there are still big dreams to realize ahead. The fruition of those dreams will be that much more amazing than the ones I've even realized and am realizing right now...

I have the success and failures of the past to spur me on. I have a husband who loves and supports me and hopes, vision and dreams to keep crystal clear in my sight.

My anxiety turns to excitement...

1 comment:

  1. WOW - what a great post! You have an incredible future ahead and I can't wait to see how you are blessed through it! It's an honor to walk beside you.

    ReplyDelete