Today is day two of spring break. I'm practicing the art of doing nothing. This is extremely hard for me but at the same time totally what I need. I had a list of all these things I wanted to accomplish on my spring break. I've done a few of things but also realize that I am tired and I am tired of doing. The quarter system does promote this type of lifestyle but it is also a lot like the ebb and flow of my life. You go, go and go and then crash and burn. I am working on balancing that extreme. James is the major player in helping my recovery from myself. The sad reality is that the end of spring break is sooner rather than later. I still have to work and I have many, many clients in the next four days. That reality in itself makes me feel less guilty about being very unproductive and sloth like today.
James and I have been making our way through the Star Wars trilogy. I had of course seen the original movies but hadn't yet seen all of the newer movies. So, Saturday night we sat down to watch Episode I, Sunday night was Episode II and last night was Episode III. Of course James had to break out his green light saber and battled our couch and then me. You'll remember from a previous post that our couch was already defeated once and that not only have I been chopped in half at the waist but after last night I am headless. James still promises to get me a red light saber so we can battle. Oh, I can't wait.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment