This weekend was a GREAT weekend. The only part that would make it better...well, two things... one, to make it longer and two, that I didn't feel so crappy on Friday and James and I could have gone to wrestling.
Anyway, Saturday day we chilled and then Saturday night we headed off to the Magic Castle. We had a fabulous night of great magic shared with good friends and fellow magic connoisseurs. Never in a million years did I think I'd be a fan let alone a connoisseur and critic of magic. Yet I am and we saw some great stuff last night. The highlights: Scott Alexander, Jason Byrne, Denny Haney and Tony Picasso. All of them were entertaining and most of them HI-LAR-I-OUS.
Sunday morning was church and breakfast...and a little shopping. It was there at Borders that I decided to take up a new hobby. Origami! I had done some origami this past week as a part of a group that I help co-facilitate. Then in the bookstore an Origami book caught my eye and I then decided now was the time. I have now created two "simple swans" (simple...hah!), one simple bird and then a peahen. I've figured out how to do a squash fold and haven't figured out the crane. I've also made a frog but he is kinda of a mutilated frog. Oops!
We hung out with great friends (and fabulous photographer), Will & Jessica...and their adorable daughter, Charlie! Then home to the beginning of the Indiana Jones trilogy only to have James fall asleep and me distracted by my pursuit to be a disciplined and diligent origamist.
Tomorrow stars Spring 2008. It's a very long, long day tomorrow. Boo! Maybe I'll do some Origami with the reading and homework I have to do this quarter.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment