In about an hour from now, I'm taking my MIL to her primary care doctor for a follow-up appointment post skilled nursing facility. It was supposed to be last Friday when my husband was still on leave but as luck would have it the doctor "wasn't in clinic" that day and had to reschedule. Obviously, "wasn't in clinic" meant the doctor was taking a four day weekend at the last minute. I can't blame him and yet it leaves me with extreme anxiety as I take on the task today.
If it were just throwing her in the car and going, it obviously wouldn't be such a deal but taking my MIL to the doctor means a $62 round trip from a non-medical wheelchair transportation company, using the Hoyer lift by myself (a saga in itself) and trying to make her comfortable for an extended stay in the wheelchair. The sigh of relief I will have when we roll back into this house is just going to be sure bliss.
Wish me luck...
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment