Thursday, September 4, 2008
Learning a different language...
Today I figured out something else about my MIL in our constant effort to try to communicate with someone who can't talk and has thus far not been able to use communication devices, a pad of paper and a pen or the simple gesture of pointing. She's been doing this thing lately that we haven't been able to figure out. With her "good" leg she'll bend it and then try to lift herself up. My husband and I couldn't figure it out. Did her leg hurt? Her bottom? Was she moving because she was in some kind of pain? Did she have gas and the movement showed some type of working it out? I figured it out today. It means she'd like to lay back almost flat in her bed. She is trying to demonstrate the desire to go back. Ahh!! That felt good to figure out another piece of the puzzle of her needs and wants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment