I was officially offered a position as therapist at Pacific Clinics this morning. I had the interview on Friday and they told me in so many words that I got it but they couldn't tell me that I got it. References, blah, blah, blah. So, now I can officially say "I got a job!"
It is a therapist position working with at risk youth. They are in a charter school and it's kind of the last ditch effort to get them on track and graduated. That's the jest of it. It's a self-starter type of position where I'll be making appointments with kids and their families at home or in school. I get a laptop and a cell phone and I go in for supervision and a bi-weekly staff meeting.
So, I'm excited...to make money, to get lots of hours done and to meet a challenge I have not met yet. It'll be a tough and intense job with lots of paperwork and ambition but it's obviously the results that'll be the most rewarding! The cool thing (although we need the money) is that I still have several weeks until I'll probably start. Most likely my first day will be my 32nd birthday, October 20th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment