My new experience with insomnia has been anything but a big pain in the rear over this past week. Last night was an exception to that when James and I stayed up until 3:30am talking about everything and nothing at all. We haven't had that many of those types of night. You know the ones you are supposed to have at the beginning of a relationship...we talked all night...blah, blah, blah. We both value and love sleep way too much for that nonsense but last night was different and a much needed time to connect in the midst of a very challenging time for us and our young marriage. We weren't talking about us or even the current state of events and our fears and anxieties for the future but just life...family, lessons learned and past experiences...like I said nothing and everything all at the same time. I couldn't believe it when James told me it was 2:30am but we then proceeded to share with each other and ask each other questions until an hour later when we finally decided we should probably stop and go to sleep.
Tonight is a different night. James is sound asleep next to me and I'm up (again!) after having already fallen asleep only to wake up a short time later. Last night was special and surely what the doctor ordered for our weary and tired souls.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment