After reading an article in no other than my People magazine, James and I decided to make a concentrated effort to go green in some areas of our life. The article talked about how many plastic bags (those you get a grocery stores and the like) end up not being recycled and then wind up in the ocean where whales think they are jellyfish, eat them and then get very sick. Other sea animals are adversely affected by them as well. I told James this and we decided to do our part in order to cut down the amount of plastic bags out there in the world. I had previously purchased a couple of bags from Target and today while at Target we purchase a few more.
The part that actually surprised us is that those reusable Target bags hold a lot of stuff cutting down the bags we are carting to the car and into our house by like a quarter. We decided that going green in this area was a win-win situation and that heck, we preferred using reusable bags.
All this time not only were our plastic bags harming the animals of our sea but they were also largely inefficient at carrying around our stuff! After emptying my Target reusable bags, I proceeded to hang them with the others I had previously bought right on the front door handle so we aren't forgetting them before our next trip to Target or wherever our shopping ways take us.
Take your stand people in not using plastic grocery bags!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love it.
ReplyDeletetry looking at reusablebags.com (http://www.reusablebags.com/store/chicobag-colorful-compact-reusable-shopping-p-450.html) these are the best!!! they roll up small so you can keep one or two in your purse.
i'm also trying not to use the bags for veggies and fruits but that has been harder!